Friday, June 8, 2007

I'll Never Be Ready On Time...

So...all the doctors have given the green light to our vacation to Myrtle Beach, starting TOMORROW. Gulp. All right...I've done tons of laundry (actually, the kids have to haul the clothes up and down the stairs, since I can't lift anything), and I bought toothpaste. Other than that, I feel very unprepared. Katie's bf will be watching the house, since he's not afraid of the Rottie, and she accepts him, which she does very few males these days. But. The house is still a mess, and I have very little energy to deal with it, since the surgery. I need to make a list of things for him to do: feed the cats/dogs/bird, water the plants....
Thank God the storms missed us -- they all went north. The only casualty was one of my banana pepper plants, which was snapped off by the wind. We could have definitely used the rain, though.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the ocean,but I don't think I'm looking forward to the trip there. Too many hours in a van, too many people in a small space. And I will definitely learn to post pictures, so you can share the beachy goodness. :)

No comments: