Monday, January 7, 2008

How many will this be?

Next on the agenda is Joe Abercrombie's The Blade Itself, which is subtitled The First Law: Book One. Ever since I tried to slog through Terry Goodkind's endless ramblings, I wince at "first" books and wonder how many more are in the series. This one is off to a good start, though -- a really interesting merc, Ninefingers, and a lot of other characters are drawn together by the end of this volume under the guidance of Bayaz, a seemingly ageless Magi, to save the world, of course. Most of his team don't like each other or trust the Magi, so we're in for a long trip. To the Edge of the World, to be precise. I will be on the lookout for the next in the series.
Today was the first day back in regular classes, and as usual, everyone seems to have forgotten whatever we were studying back in December. Sixth grade is supposedly studying atoms and elements, so I told them a joke. Two atoms are walking down the street when one suddenly says, "I just lost an electron!"
The other one says, "Are you sure?"
The first one replies, "I'm positive!"
If you don't get this, ask your local science teacher.

No comments: